We have a part time position available this summer. We try our best to create a fun, interactive, fast-paced work atmosphere on our small farm and look for enthusiastic, hard-working people to join our team. We are currently accepting resumés for this season. We are usually able to employ through the end of October. Sometimes the season is longer depending on the weather Please note: We do not offer on-farm housing.
The following requirements apply for all workers at Garcia’s Gardens. All employees must:
– Have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to get to work on time (8:00 AM).
– Be able to work 20 hours per week; Wednesday and Friday are critical days here.
– Be able to commit to staying the duration of the season (through end of October).
– Be physically fit and able to lift up to 40 lbs unaided.
– Provide their own comfortable, rubber boots to work in.
– Work well as a team member and independently.
– Bring their own lunch every day.
No farm experience required, though it doesn’t hurt. All employees will be trained for their position on the job.
Farm team member’s tasks will include, but not be limited to:
– Helping with Harvest
– Washing Salad Greens
– Washing Harvest Totes
– Seeding Microgreens
– Packaging Salad Greens
– Labeling Packaging
– Helping in the Field
New team members start at $10/hour. Pay increase is based on performance, seniority, and how much responsibility a team member handles. If you would like to be considered for the position please send your resumé to email@example.com. At that point you may be invited to an on-farm tour and interview which lasts about 1 hour. Thank you for your interest in our farm!